National & Local Government


Government provide a wide range of services for older people and people with disabilities. National government mainly deals with pensions, winter fuel payments and other benefits whilst local government deals with housing, bus passes, orange badges, financial support for care and many other matters.


Note: Organisations listed on this site have not been vetted by us and are not recommended by us. This is an information service only.


Adult Social Care, East Sussex:


Social Care Direct: Tel: 0345 60 80 191

East Sussex County Council Main Switchboard: Tel: 01273 481000

Minicom: Tel: 01323 466630

SMS text message: Tel: 0779 7878 111


Bus Pass Information

Free bus travel in England If you are a senior citizen aged 60 or over or registered disabled, you are entitled to free off-peak bus travel throughout England.


Department of Work and Pensions (DWP)

The Department of Works and Pensions is responsible for the Governments welfare reform agenda. It delivers support and advice through a modern network of services to people of working age, employers, pensioners, families and children and disabled people.


DWP Correspondence Allocation Team

5th Floor The Adelphi,

1-11 John Adam Street,




Care Quality Commission (CQC)

Find independent reports on the quality of all your local care homes, home care and other registered services, plus address and contact details, to help you make the right choice.


Tel: 03000 616161


Help around the home - Adult Social Care helparoundthehome.htm


Winter Fuel Payments Helpline


Tel: 0845 9 15 15 15